December 27th 2020 - Sunday Bulletin Resurrection Church
Sunday, December 27, 2020 Resurrection Church Bulletin
The Feast of The Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph
December 27, 2020
A Prayer for the Feast of the Holy Family of
Jesus, Mary and Joseph
God, the Father, draw us into your arms that
we might know how cherished we are as
members of your family.
May our homes and our hearts be a living
expression of Your desire to gather all people
in Your family now and forever, Amen.
We were edified by the participation of our people
at Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Masses this year.
Attendance at our 11 Masses was a total of
Last year, 2019, we had 5,300 people attending.
2020 Christmas Masses were at
of last year
which is very good considering the global pandemic.
Also, we had
on our several live streaming Masses.
It’s estimated that 2-3 people were watching per hit.
We hope things return to normal by Easter now that the vaccine is available.
Our long nightmare is almost over.
Thank you for your support of your parish over these tumultuous 9 months
Parish Religious Education classes
will not be returning to in-person instruction in January as we had hoped
Although we are disappointed by this development, the safety of our students, parents, and catechists is our first priority.
e will continue with our remote learning plan until the end of Easter break.
At that point, we will reassess the situation and determine if we can return to in-person instruction for the remainder of the school year. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort that students are taking with their studies and are grateful for the support that parents are providing during this difficult time.
January 1, 2021 Masses
This Friday, January 1st, New Years Day,
is The Solemnity of Mary.
It is NOT a holy day of obligation
due to COVID.
Masses are at:
8:00 am and 9:00 am ONLY.
Mary and Joseph took the newborn baby Jesus to the Temple to be presented to
God. When Simeon and Anna laid eyes upon Jesus, they proclaimed Him to be the
19th Annual Ray's Polar Bear Plunge
New Year’s Day
Friday, January 1st 2021
at 12:00 pm
Rye Town Park, 95 Dearborn Avenue, Rye, NY
Ray’s Polar Plunge is an annual fundraiser organized by the Westchester Triathlon Committee for those brrr-ave enough to take the challenge and raise funds for some COOL causes.
COVID-19 Race Day Protocol
The Polar Plunge event consists of six waves of twenty-five participants staggered 20 minutes apart. All participants are pre-registered. There is no day of registration. The participants are assigned a wave start time during the registration process. On the day of the plunge, 25 numbered marker flags will be placed on the beach, parallel to the water, 6 feet apart. Participants will be required to sign a waiver agreeing to all policies and hold harmless both the Rye Town Park and Westchester Triathlon.
The event will be held with the following guiding principles:
• CDC Guidelines will be adhered to and enforced
• Social Distancing is required at all times
• Masks are required except when in the water
• Participants cannot change waves. This is to maintain exactly 25 participants per wave
• Participants are instructed to show up at exactly their start time and report to their assigned numbered flag on the beach.
• Participants will plunge, return to their numbered flag, change, and exit the beach
Donations support soup kitchens in Port Chester through the Resurrection Outreach Committee and Compassionate Care for people with ALS (
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
A Prayer for the New Year
Whether I leave behind
a year of joy or of trials and difficulties.
I pause to give THANKS.
Thank you for being with me
every day of every year.
Thank you for making all things NEW
and for giving me the grace of fresh starts
and NEW BEGINNINGS.
Remind me of your presence in the days to come,
even when I feel pushed and rushed by busyness
BE GLORIFIED in MY LIFE THIS YEAR.
1. You may tune in to our live stream masses. Live stream masses will be:
Saturday, December 26th at 5:00pm or Sunday, December 27th at 10:00am and 11:15am.
LIVE STREAM MASS Click HERE
2. The rectory is OPEN from 9 AM to 4:30 PM. Please feel free to contact us by email,
3. Masks that cover both NOSE and MOUTH should be worn at all times in Church. This is the correct way to wear a mask as per NYS Dept. of Health/CDC recommendations. Extra masks and hand sanitizers (complimentary) are available at the Boston Post Road entrance.
4. There is ample room for social distancing seating in our church. The church was sanitized and deep cleaned on Friday. The bathrooms are cleaned between each mass.
5. USHERS are NEEDED. All of our clergy are healthy. The priest will be wearing a mask during Communion time. Priests sanitize their hands before and after Holy Communion. Communion will be distributed on the hand only.
6. We pray for the deceased of our parish, especially Kevin Talt, Josephine Zegarowizc and Charles Silverstein.
WeSHARE - CLICK HERE
Why Give Online?
1. You can share your gifts...
Any way you want, when you want to, where you want to.
2. Leave your checkbook at home.
Set up your returning gift using a credit card, checking or savings account.
3. Your funds are protected.
Your donations are automatically transferred to our parish so it's safer and more secure.
4. Support your parish consistently..
even if you are unable to attend Mass.
5. Give on the go!
Access the site from your mobile phone or tablet.
On behalf of our priests and rectory staff,
I want to express our deep thanks and appreciation
for your Christmas cards, family photos, gifts and goodies.
Your thoughtfulness is sincerely appreciated.
God bless you all.
Happy New Year!
THANK YOU FROM POTS
The POTS Committee team would like to thank everyone
from our parish who contributed their time, talents or treasure to the POTS Christmas Feast in the South Bronx.
Parishioners who attend daily mass, can sign up to receive an email each day for the readings of the day.
If you would like to subscribe to the emails for the
THIS SUNDAY'S Readings
, Dec 26th and 27th 2020,
Please be advised that you can print them out at home or you can use your phone or tablet to follow along with the readings in church or at home.
Copies of the 2021 Calendars are available
at the doors of the Church today.
We are grateful to
GRAHAM FUNERAL HOME
for their donations.
on Saturday, December 26, 2020 at 1:00PM