January 24, 2021 - Sunday Bulletin Resurrection Church
Sunday, January 24, 2021 Resurrection Church Bulletin
January 24, 2021
Jesus observes Simon and Andrew where they are fishing and tells them to come with Him and become “fishers of men.” They abandon their nets without hesitation to follow Him. Next, he calls James and his brother John, who also leave what they are doing and follow him without question.
To sign up to watch 2021
March for Life Coverage:
Sometimes it’s easy to want to know what will happen next. It helps us feel in control. The readings this weekend invite us to a different path, however, one where we are invited to say “yes” to the One who loves us, even if we don’t know all the answers. Click below to read the reflection
"Trust in Following God"
2020 YEAR-END STATEMENTS
For those who would like to receive their 2020 year-end statements:
Email the Rectory at:
with your full name, address, telephone number and envelope number OR call the Rectory (914) 967-0142 Monday - Friday from 9 am - 3 pm.
Parish Religious Education classes
will not be returning to in-person instruction in January as we had hoped
Although we are disappointed by this development, the safety of our students, parents, and catechists is our first priority.
e will continue with our remote learning plan until the end of Easter break.
At that point, we will reassess the situation and determine if we can return to in-person instruction for the remainder of the school year. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort that students are taking with their studies and are grateful for the support that parents are providing during this difficult time.
SUPPORTING OUR MISSION
A big “thank you” to all of those participating in online giving with We Share! Online giving has been a big help to our parish. Resurrection has received more consistent donations and been able to re-prioritize office tasks. We Share saves the administrative staff valuable time with its ability to accept credit and debit cards and to make automatic withdrawals from checking and savings accounts. This means more time to serve you and our mission as a parish. No matter how you give, your gifts are always appreciated! If you have not yet made the switch to online giving, we invite you to consider doing so. Online giving offers our parish a stable, sustainable future. We know that you share in this vision and we’re excited about giving our parishioners many ways to participate in our growth as a parish family. Thank you for your support!
WE SHARE - CLICK HERE
CATHOLIC SCHOOL WEEK
Preparations for our annual Catholic Schools Week celebration are well underway.
While it may look a bit different than years past, we are busy planning fun activities for the students.
This year CSW will run from Sunday, January 31 thru Friday, February 5! The schedule for the weeks is as follows:
Ice Cream Parties for classes
Student Appreciation Day- Spirit Wear Day and students will receive a special RES gift from the PTO.
- Virtual Parent Visitation Day- you will be able to join your child's class and watch what happens during the day.
- Crazy Hair Day, Fun games & RES Foundation Day of Giving
- Classroom Door Decorating contest and parade & Virtual Family Game Night
WE ARE MAKING PLANS FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR!
Registration is taking place now. If you are interested, please visit
Resurrection School is committed to developing in each student a genuine love of learning as well as nurturing each child’s spirituality. Religion and service to others are integral parts of the school’s curriculum and philosophy. The formation of each child’s Christian character and values is incorporated into the school’s curriculum.
Applications are being accepted for the 2021-22 school year. We offer classes from 2 to 5 days a week with three different times offered.
(8-10am, 10:15-12:15pm and 12:30-2:30pm).
If you have any questions please call 914-921-2801 or email us at
1. There is ample room for social distancing seating in our church. The church was sanitized and deep cleaned on Friday. The bathrooms are cleaned between each mass.
2. Masks that cover both NOSE and MOUTH should be worn at all times in Church. This is the correct way to wear a mask as per NYS Dept. of Health/CDC recommendations. Extra masks and hand sanitizers (complimentary) are available at the Boston Post Road entrance.
3. USHERS are NEEDED. All clergy are healthy. The priest will be wearing a mask during Communion time. Priests sanitize their hands before and after Holy Communion. Communion will be distributed on the hand only.
4. You may tune in to our live stream masses. Live stream masses will be:
Saturday, January 23rd at 5:00pm or Sunday, January 24th at 10:00am and 11:15am.
LIVE STREAM MASS Click HERE
5. We pray for the sick of our parish, especially Fr. Thomas Lynch.
6. We pray for the deceased of our parish, especially Joan Kenny, Kevin Heller, and Virginia Callahan.
7. The rectory is OPEN from 9 AM to 4:30 PM. Please feel free to contact us by email:
kk_1 24 2021.pdf
on Saturday, January 23 at 1:00PM