February 21, 2021 Resurrection Church
Sunday, February 21, 2021 Resurrection Church Bulletin
Our Lenten Sacrifice
Days of Abstinence:
Ash Wednesdays, All Fridays in Lent, and Good Friday for all that have reached their 14th birthday, no meat can be taken.
Days of Fast:
Ash Wednesday and Good Friday for all who have reached their 18th birthday and have not as yet reached their 60th birthday, a limit of one full meatless meal.
Weekdays of Lent:
No obligation to fast, however voluntary acts of self-denial are recommended.
Easter Duty Obligation:
Must be made from the First Sunday in Lent through Trinity Sunday.
s encouraged on a voluntary basis. Acts may include daily Mass, spiritual study, Lenten devotions, the Rosary, Stations of the Cross and deeds of mercy and kindness.
SAVE THE DATE
Fr. James Martin, S.J. editor of America magazine will be the guest speaker at a zoom conference on Sunday, April 25, 2021, at 2:30 pm.
Every five years Resurrection hosts a speaker. Last time Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan was the guest speaker. This conference is sponsored by the Rye Interfaith Council and Resurrection parishioner Marianne Egan is the chair. Our thanks to Bill Miller for arranging the invitation. We will let you know about the procedure for tickets and the process to get on the zoom conference.
Father Martin was appointed as a consultant to Pope Francis's Secretariat of Communications. A best-selling author on the New York Times book list, Fr. Martin is also an accomplished writer with a very good sense of humor.
It will be an interesting, entertaining, and fruitful one-hour conference with an excellent, uplifting message. It will have a perfect Easter Message.
Save the date. Hope you can join us!
Today's Gospel - February 21, 2021
Gospel: Mark 1:12-15
Mark briefly tells of Jesus’ stay in the desert, where He was tested by Satan. He did not give in to temptation, but reappeared in Galilee to proclaim the good news
1. Unfortunately, the Church has unreliable internet service and occasionally the live streaming is interrupted. We are working on it with Verizon. Thank you for your anticipated patience. It is not our fault but Verizon's. We will be installing a separate internet line to the Church this week to address this problem.
2. There is ample room for social distancing seating in our church. The church was sanitized and deep cleaned on Friday. The bathrooms are cleaned between each mass.
3. Masks that cover both NOSE and MOUTH should be worn at all times in Church. This is the correct way to wear a mask as per NYS Dept. of Health/CDC recommendations. Extra masks and hand sanitizers (complimentary) are available at the Boston Post Road entrance.
4. USHERS are NEEDED. All clergy are healthy. The priest will be wearing a mask during Communion time. Priests sanitize their hands before and after Holy Communion. Communion will be distributed on the hand only.
5. We pray for the sick of our parish, especially Fr. Thomas Lynch.
6. We pray for the deceased of our parish, especially Francine Gannon, Robert "Tony" O'Callaghan, Robert Della Rocca and George Hogben Jr.
7. The rectory is OPEN from 9 AM to 4:30 PM. Please feel free to contact us by email:
8. You may tune in to our live stream masses. Live stream masses will be:
Saturday, February 20th at 5:00pm or Sunday, February 21st at 10:00am and 11:15am
LIVESTREAM CLICK HERE
E- MISSALETTE APP AVAILABLE
Oregon Catholic Press, our Missalette company has released a new APP available for download on your IOS and Android devices. It is a full missalette with the readings, Mass parts, and music and can be used on your phone or tablet. The cost to download the APP is $4.99 per year which is a great deal! To download, simply go to your APP store and search for Breaking Bread 2021 eMissal.
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
The Stations of the Cross will be conducted on the
of Lent in Church at
Please join us for 30 minutes as we reenact the passion and death of Jesus Christ.
If you are unable to join us on Fridays at 7 pm, we can offer an online Stations of The Cross for your convenience. Please click below ANYTIME on Friday to view our 25 minute Stations Of The Cross.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10, 2021
6:30 PM TO 8:30 PM
LIVE EXPOSITION, ADORATION AND BENEDICTION IN CHURCH!
6:30 pm to 7:30 pm ~ will include Quiet Prayer and Reflection.
7:30 pm to 8:30 pm ~ will include Live Praise and Worship Music.
Confessions will be available.
To Sign Up for Daily Lenten Reflections, click below.
Each day you will receive a short video featuring Dr. Tim Gray.
He will comment on the daily mass readings, explain the scriptures
and provide concrete ideas on how to apply them to your life.
Please use common sense when entering and exiting and driving on our 9-acre campus.
*There are two entrances and two exits on Milton Road.
*There are two entrances and one exit on Boston Post Road.
*Speed limit is 5 mph on church property.
*Follow all road arrows and signs.
*Children and adults should use the sidewalks and look both ways when crossing the roadway.
*Please park in the designated marked parking spots.
*Do not double park illegally.
*There are 200 parking spots there is no reason to double park.
*If you see someone driving fast kindly say something to them.
*Faculty, school staff, and school visitors should park in the Two-Year-Old Program parking lot.
*There are four handicapped designated parking spots on our campus.
*Please display the handicap card on your dashboard.
*Thank you for your cooperation for the safety of all our people.
Assistance for Online COVID-19 Appointments
Tech-Savvy Rye High School teenagers are available to help seniors and other community members who need assistance making online COVID-19 vaccination appointments. Call the Vaccine Appointment Hotline Monday through Friday
3-5 PM at 914-967-6100 extension 6204.
Callers should have their health insurance and contact information ready.
on Saturday, February 20 at 1:00PM