February 28, 2021 Resurrection Church Bulletin
Sunday, February 28, 2021 Resurrection Church Bulletin
Saturday, February 27th
5:00 pm - Bill & Betty Dion
Sunday, February 28th
7:30 am - Parishioners of Resurrection
8:45 am - Marlene Apollon & Denise Apollon
10:00 am - Esther Magallanes
11:15 am - Dorothy & John Schwarz Jr.
12:30 pm - Elizabeth Ann Savage
Monday, March 1st
8:00 am - Kimberly Bronte Rigler
9:00 am - Gunnar Woelfel
Tuesday, March 2nd
8:00 am - Parishioners of Resurrection
9:00 am - Richard Mohl Jr.
Wednesday, March 3rd
8:00 am - Fallon O'Toole McIntyre
9:00 am - Dr. Frank D. Carroll
Thursday, March 4th
8:00 am - Harrigan / Balfe Families
9:00 am - Wilson Gibney
Friday, March 5th
8:00 am - James Lawrence Garrity
9:00 am - DiFiore Family
Saturday, March 6th
8:00 am - Joseph LaMonaca
5:00 pm - Robert Hawthorn
Our Lenten Sacrifice
Days of Abstinence:
Ash Wednesdays, All Fridays in Lent, and Good Friday for all that have reached their 14th birthday, no meat can be taken.
Days of Fast:
Ash Wednesday and Good Friday for all who have reached their 18th birthday and have not as yet reached their 60th birthday, a limit of one full meatless meal.
Weekdays of Lent:
No obligation to fast, however voluntary acts of self-denial are recommended.
Easter Duty Obligation:
Must be made from the First Sunday in Lent through Trinity Sunday.
s encouraged on a voluntary basis. Acts may include daily Mass, spiritual study, Lenten devotions, the Rosary, Stations of the Cross and deeds of mercy and kindness.
POPE FRANCIS’ WORDS
Do you want to fast this Lent?
Fast from hurting words and say kind words.
Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude.
Fast from anger and be filled with patience.
Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope.
Fast from worries and trust in God.
Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity.
Fast from pressures and be prayerful.
Fast from bitterness and fill your heart with joy.
Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others.
Fast from grudges and be reconciled.
Fast from words and be silent so you can listen.
SAVE THE DATE
Fr. James Martin, S.J. editor of America magazine will be the guest speaker at a zoom conference on Sunday, April 25, 2021, at 2:30 pm at Resurrection Church, sponsored by Rye Interfaith Committee. Details to follow.
Today's Gospel - February 28, 2021
Jesus led Peter, James and John up a high mountain, where he conversed with Elijah and Moses. A voice proclaimed, "This is my Son, my beloved. Listen to Him.” Then Jesus was alone and warned them not to tell anyone what they had seen until he had risen from the dead.
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
The Stations of the Cross will be conducted on the
of Lent in Church at
Please join us for 30 minutes as we reenact the Passion and death of Jesus Christ.
If you are unable to join us on Fridays at 7 pm, we can offer an online Stations of The Cross for your convenience. Please click below ANYTIME on Friday to view our 25 minute Stations Of The Cross.
Registration for the 2021-2022 Parish Religious Education Program
will begin on March 12, 2021!
Early Bird-March 12th- April 16th
Regular Registration- April 17th- May 14th
Late Registration- May 14th- June 11th (a $50.00 late fee will apply)
Catechists and other volunteers are needed!
If you would like to be a catechist or a hallway volunteer please indicate so on your registration. Catechists will receive a full-tuition discount. Co-catechists and other volunteers will receive a 50% discount. Please consider this a meaningful and spiritually fulfilling way to serve our Resurrection Parish. For info, please visit
E- MISSALETTE APP AVAILABLE
Oregon Catholic Press, our Missalette company has released a new APP available for download on your IOS and Android devices. It is a full missalette with the readings, Mass parts, and music and can be used on your phone or tablet. The cost to download the APP is $4.99 per year which is a great deal! To download, simply go to your APP store and search for Breaking Bread 2021 eMissal.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10, 2021
6:30 PM TO 8:30 PM
LIVE EXPOSITION, ADORATION AND BENEDICTION IN CHURCH!
6:30 pm to 7:30 pm ~ will include Quiet Prayer and Reflection.
7:30 pm to 8:30 pm ~ will include Live Praise and Worship Music.
Confessions will be available.
All are invited to the Bible Book-Club phone meeting on Thursday, March 18, 2021. The book for discussion is “Jesus The Bridegroom: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told” by Brant Pitre 2014 Image Books 230 pages.
Rye Library has the audible book available on “Hoopla”. Multiple users can simultaneously download. The E-book version is also available on Libby.
We meet by phone conference on Thursday evening 03/18/21 at 7:30 PM. The discussion lasts about an hour. The conference phone is (385) 318-8463. More information is available on the parish website:
and please contact me at
if you have any questions.
Please use common sense when entering and exiting and driving on our 9-acre campus.
1. Unfortunately, the Church has unreliable internet service and occasionally the live streaming is interrupted. We are working on it with Verizon. Thank you for your anticipated patience. It is not our fault but Verizon's. We will be installing a separate internet line to the Church this week to address this problem.
2. There is ample room for social distancing seating in our church. The church was sanitized and deep cleaned on Friday. The bathrooms are cleaned between each mass.
3. Masks that cover both NOSE and MOUTH should be worn at all times in Church. This is the correct way to wear a mask as per NYS Dept. of Health/CDC recommendations. Extra masks and hand sanitizers (complimentary) are available at the Boston Post Road entrance.
4. USHERS are NEEDED. All clergy are healthy. The priest will be wearing a mask during Communion time. Priests sanitize their hands before and after Holy Communion. Communion will be distributed on the hand only.
5. We pray for the sick of our parish, especially Fr. Thomas Lynch.
6. We pray for the deceased of our parish, especially Francine Gannon, Sally Ann Coash and Mario Balma.
7. The rectory is OPEN from 9 AM to 4:30 PM. Please feel free to contact us by email:
8. You may tune in to our live stream masses. Live stream masses will be:
Saturday, February 27th at 5:00pm or Sunday, February 28th at 10:00am and 11:15am.
LIVE-STREAM MASS CLICK HERE
on Saturday, February 27 at 1:00PM