March 7, 2021 Resurrection Church Bulletin
Sunday, March 7, 2021 Resurrection Church Bulletin
Come Home to Mass this Easter.pdf
Saturday, March 6th
5:00 pm- Robert Hawthorn
Sunday, March 7th
7:30 am - Kristin Siano
8:45 am - John Donald Michel
10:00 am - Lawrence Puglia & Maurice Peters
11:15 am- Junn Chen Leh
12:30 pm - Margaret & Ray Heffernan
Monday, March 8th
8:00 am - Parishioners of Resurrection
9:00 am - Linda Morano
Tuesday, March 9th
8:00 am - Elizabeth Coakley
9:00 am - Peggy & Patrick Lynn
Wednesday, March 10th
8:00 am - Teddy McElligott
9:00 am - The Parishioners of Resurrection
Thursday, March 11th
8:00 am - Jaime Valerio
9:00 am - Tony O'Callaghan
Friday, March 12th
8:00 am - Kevin O'Brien
9:00 am - Stephen Bruce Tormey
Saturday, March 13th
8:00 am - Robert Fitzsimmons
5:00 pm - Fay & Gabriel Carino
2021 YEAR OF ST. JOSEPH
On Sunday, March 21st at the 11:15 AM Mass, Bishop James Massa, Ph.D., Rector, Saint Joseph’s Seminary, Dunwoodie will dedicate our new statue of St. Joseph in honor of “2021 The Year of St. Joseph".
This beautiful statue was hand-carved in Ortisei, Italy.
We are grateful to the donors:
Regina and Richard Burke.
Our Lenten Sacrifice
Days of Abstinence:
Ash Wednesdays, All Fridays in Lent, and Good Friday for all that have reached their 14th birthday, no meat can be taken.
Days of Fast:
Ash Wednesday and Good Friday for all who have reached their 18th birthday and have not as yet reached their 60th birthday, a limit of one full meatless meal.
Weekdays of Lent:
No obligation to fast, however voluntary acts of self-denial are recommended.
Easter Duty Obligation:
Must be made from the First Sunday in Lent through Trinity Sunday.
s encouraged on a voluntary basis. Acts may include daily Mass, spiritual study, Lenten devotions, the Rosary, Stations of the Cross and deeds of mercy and kindness.
Today's Gospel - March 7, 2021
Gospel: John 2:13-25
Jesus went to the temple of Jerusalem to find merchants there selling sheep and doves. He knocked over their tables and drove the animals away. The merchants asked Him for a sign that He was authorized to do this. He told them to “destroy this temple (referring to His body) and in three days I will raise it up.” The merchants misunderstood and did not believe He could rebuild in three days what had taken nearly 50 years to build. Still many believed in Him, after seeing the miracles He had performed.
SAVE THE DATE
Fr. James Martin, S.J. editor of America magazine will be the guest speaker at a zoom conference on Sunday, April 25, 2021, at 2:30 pm at Resurrection Church, sponsored by Rye Interfaith Committee. Details to follow. Every five years Resurrection hosts a speaker. Last time Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan was the guest speaker. This conference is sponsored by the Rye Interfaith Council and Resurrection parishioner Marianne Egan is the chair. Our thanks to Bill Miller for arranging the invitation. We will let you know about the procedure for tickets and the process to get on the zoom conference.
Father Martin was appointed as a consultant to Pope Francis's Secretariat of Communications. A best-selling author on the New York Times book list,
Learning to Pray: A Guide for Everyone.
Fr. Martin is also an accomplished writer with a very good sense of humor.
It will be an interesting, entertaining, and fruitful one-hour conference with an excellent, uplifting message. It will have a perfect Easter Message.
Save the date. Hope you can join us!
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
The Stations of the Cross will be conducted on the
of Lent in Church at
Please join us for 30 minutes as we reenact the Passion and death of Jesus Christ.
If you are unable to join us on Fridays at 7 pm, we can offer an online Stations of The Cross for your convenience. Please click below ANYTIME on Friday to view our 25 minute Stations Of The Cross.
Registration for the 2021-2022 Parish Religious Education Program
will begin on March 12, 2021!
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10, 2021
6:30 PM TO 8:30 PM
LIVE EXPOSITION, ADORATION AND BENEDICTION IN CHURCH!
6:30 pm to 7:30 pm ~ will include Quiet Prayer and Reflection.
7:30 pm to 8:30 pm ~ will include Live Praise and Worship Music.
Confessions will be available.
All are invited to the Bible Book-Club phone meeting on Thursday, March 18, 2021. The book for discussion is “Jesus The Bridegroom: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told” by Brant Pitre 2014 Image Books 230 pages.
Rye Library has the audible book available on “Hoopla”. Multiple users can simultaneously download. The E-book version is also available on Libby.
We meet by phone conference on Thursday evening 03/18/21 at 7:30 PM. The discussion lasts about an hour. The conference phone is (385) 318-8463. More information is available on the parish website:
and please contact me at
if you have any questions.
Please use common sense when entering and exiting and driving on our 9-acre campus.
1. Unfortunately, the Church has unreliable internet service and occasionally the live streaming is interrupted. We are working on it with Verizon. Thank you for your anticipated patience. It is not our fault but Verizon's. We will be installing a separate internet line to the Church this week to address this problem.
2. There is ample room for social distancing seating in our church. The church was sanitized and deep cleaned on Friday. The bathrooms are cleaned between each mass.
3. Masks that cover both NOSE and MOUTH should be worn at all times in Church. This is the correct way to wear a mask as per NYS Dept. of Health/CDC recommendations. Extra masks and hand sanitizers (complimentary) are available at the Boston Post Road entrance.
4. USHERS are NEEDED. All clergy are healthy. The priest will be wearing a mask during Communion time. Priests sanitize their hands before and after Holy Communion. Communion will be distributed on the hand only.
5. We pray for the sick of our parish, especially Fr. Thomas Lynch.
6. We pray for the deceased of our parish, especially Brian C. Dwyer, Michael Paganelli, Joseph LaDore, Richard Hudson, Lucia Scarlato, Israel Lopez, and Mario Balma.
7. The rectory is OPEN from 9 AM to 4:30 PM. Please feel free to contact us by email:
8. You may tune in to our live stream masses. Live stream masses will be:
Saturday, March 6th at 5:00pm or Sunday, March 7th at 10:00am and 11:15am.
LIVE-STREAM MASS CLICK HERE
on Saturday, March 6 at 1:00PM