March 14, 2021 Resurrection Church Bulletin
Sunday, March 14, 2021 Resurrection Church Bulletin
Come Home to Mass this Easter.pdf
Saturday, March 13th
5:00 pm ~ Fay & Gabriel Carino
Sunday, March 14th
7:30 am ~ Mary & Jack Jordan
8:45 am ~ Franz Cervinka & Riemer
10:00 am ~ Ann Marie & William Lukaswitz
11:15 am ~ Andrew Young
12:30 pm ~ Anna Coppola
Monday, March 15th
8:00 am ~The Barberio Family
9:00 am ~ Marie Madden
Tuesday, March 16th
8:00 am ~ Parishioners of Resurrection
9:00 am ~ Edward R. Braunstein
Wednesday, March 17th
8:00 am ~Tony O'Callaghan
9:00 am ~ Mary McCready
Thursday, March 18th
8:00 am ~ Joan Browm
9:00 am ~ Zac Plantz
Friday, March 19th
8:00 am ~ Casino-Santorelli Family
9:00 am ~ Wiliam Gorman
Saturday, March 20th
8:00 am ~ Nancy Burke
5:00 pm ~ Raymond and Edna Manning
Please use common sense when entering and exiting and driving on our 9-acre campus.
This weekend in all of our parishes and in churches throughout the country, we will be collecting your offering for Catholic Relief Services. When you support this, you actually serve Jesus in disguise in some of the most marginalized communities in our world. Your participation makes a difference for so many around the globe.
2021 YEAR OF ST. JOSEPH
On Sunday, March 21st at the 11:15 AM Mass
Bishop James Massa, Ph.D., Rector, Saint Joseph’s Seminary, Dunwoodie will dedicate our new statue of St. Joseph in honor of “2021 The Year of St. Joseph".
This beautiful statue was hand-carved in Ortisei, Italy.
We are grateful to the donors:
Regina and Richard Burke.
DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS AHEAD. UNFORTUNATELY WE LOOSE AN HOUR OF SLEEP.
Our Lenten Sacrifice
Days of Abstinence:
Ash Wednesdays, All Fridays in Lent, and Good Friday for all that have reached their 14th birthday, no meat can be taken.
Days of Fast:
Ash Wednesday and Good Friday for all who have reached their 18th birthday and have not as yet reached their 60th birthday, a limit of one full meatless meal.
Weekdays of Lent:
No obligation to fast, however voluntary acts of self-denial are recommended.
Easter Duty Obligation:
Must be made from the First Sunday in Lent through Trinity Sunday.
s encouraged on a voluntary basis. Acts may include daily Mass, spiritual study, Lenten devotions, the Rosary, Stations of the Cross and deeds of mercy and kindness.
Today's Gospel - March 14, 2021
Gospel: John 3:14-21
God so loved the world, He sent us his only Son so that all who believed would have eternal life in Him. The light came into the world, but those who were wicked avoided it, for fear that their evil deeds would be exposed. But those who believed were unafraid of the light, where it would be clear that their deeds were done in God.
SAVE THE DATE
Fr. James Martin, S.J. editor of America magazine will be the guest speaker at a zoom conference on Sunday, April 25, 2021, at 2:30 pm at Resurrection Church, sponsored by Rye Interfaith Committee. Details to follow.
2021 EASTER & HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE
Passion (Palm) Sunday, March 28, 2021
Saturday, March 27 ~ Vigil Mass - 5 pm
Sunday Masses, 7:30, 8:45 am, 10 am, 11:15 am, and 12:30 pm
Holy Thursday, April 1 - 10 am Morning Prayer
No Morning Mass on Holy Thursday
7:30 pm Mass of the Lord's Supper
Adoration at the Repository in Our Lady's Chapel from 9 pm- 11 pm
Good Friday, April 2, 2021
10 am ~ Morning Prayer
3 pm ~ Liturgy of Good Friday
Confessions ~ 4 pm to 5 pm
7:30 pm Stations of the Cross & Veneration of Cross
Holy Saturday, April 3, 2021
10 am ~ Morning Prayer
7:30 pm Easter Vigil
(This long Mass is not suitable for families with small children)
Easter Sunday, April 4, 2021
7:30 am, 8:45 am, 10 am, 11:15 am & 12:30 pm
Saturday, March 27th ~ 4 pm to 5 pm
“Reconciliation Monday”, March 29th ~ 3pm - 5 pm & 7 pm - 8 pm
Good Friday, April 2nd ~ 4 pm to 5 pm
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
The Stations of the Cross will be conducted on the
of Lent in Church at
Please join us for 30 minutes as we reenact the Passion and death of Jesus Christ.
If you are unable to join us on Fridays at 7 pm, we can offer an online Stations of The Cross for your convenience. Please click below ANYTIME on Friday to view our 25 minute Stations Of The Cross.
1. Verizon has finally completed the work to upgrade our internet service for live streaming. It took longer than expected and we are grateful for your patience. Hopefully, this will solve any issue we had with live streaming.
2. Masks that cover both NOSE and MOUTH should be worn at all times in Church. This is the correct way to wear a mask as per NYS Dept. of Health/CDC recommendations. Extra masks and hand sanitizers (complimentary) are available at the Boston Post Road entrance.
3. USHERS are NEEDED. All clergy are healthy. The priest will be wearing a mask during Communion time. Priests sanitize their hands before and after Holy Communion. Communion will be distributed on the hand only.
4. We pray for the sick of our parish, especially Fr. Thomas Lynch.
5. We pray for the deceased of our parish, especially Rev. John Grinsell SBD, Monsignor Francis V. Boyle, Michael Paganelli, Joseph LaDore, Richard Hudson, Lucia Scarlato, Israel Lopez, and Mario Balma.
5. There is ample room for social distancing seating in our church. The church was sanitized and deep cleaned on Friday. The bathrooms are cleaned between each mass.
7. The rectory is OPEN from 9 AM to 4:30 PM. Please feel free to contact us by email:
8. You may tune in to our live stream masses. Live stream masses will be:
Saturday, March 13th at 5:00 pm or Sunday, March 14th at 10:00 am and 11:15 am.
LIVE-STREAM MASS CLICK HERE
Registration for the 2021-2022 Parish Religious Education Program
will begin on March 12, 2021!
• Early Bird-March 12- April 16
• Regular Registration- April 17- May 14
• Late Registration- May 14- June 11 (a $50.00 late fee will apply)
Catechists and other volunteers are needed! If you would like to be a catechist or a hallway volunteer please indicate so on your registration. Catechists will receive a full-tuition discount. Co-catechists and other volunteers will receive a 50% discount. Please consider this a meaningful and spiritually fulfilling way to serve our Resurrection Parish.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE TO REGISTER
All are invited to the Bible Book-Club phone meeting on Thursday, March 18, 2021. The book for discussion is “Jesus The Bridegroom: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told” by Brant Pitre 2014 Image Books 230 pages.
Rye Library has the audible book available on “Hoopla”. Multiple users can simultaneously download. The E-book version is also available on Libby.
We meet by phone conference on Thursday evening 03/18/21 at 7:30 PM. The discussion lasts about an hour. The conference phone is (385) 318-8463. More information is available on the parish website:
and please contact me at
if you have any questions.
PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR LOYAL ADVERTISERS WHO HAVE BEEN SO GENEROUS DURING THIS PAST YEAR OF THE PANDEMIC.
on Saturday, March 13 at 1:00PM