March 21, 2021 Resurrection Church Bulletin
Sunday, March 21, 2021 Resurrection Church Bulletin
Come Home to Mass this Easter.pdf
Registration for the 2021-2022 Parish Religious Education Program
• Early Bird-March 12 - April 16
• Regular Registration- April 17- May 14
• Late Registration- May 14 - June 11 (a $50.00 late fee will apply)
Catechists and other volunteers are needed! If you would like to be a catechist or a hallway volunteer please indicate so on your registration. Catechists will receive a full-tuition discount. Co-catechists and other volunteers will receive a 50% discount. Please consider this a meaningful and spiritually fulfilling way to serve our Resurrection Parish.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE TO REGISTER
Saturday, March 20th
5:00 pm ~ Raymond and Edna Manning
Sunday, March 21st
7:30 am ~ Francis E. English
8:45 am ~ Joan Vita
10:00 am ~ Warren Golden
11:15 am ~ Briand Grant
12:30 pm ~ John Loughran
Monday, March 22nd
8:00 am ~ Parishioners of Resurrection
9:00 am ~ James Richards
Tuesday, March 23rd
8:00 am ~ Robert K. Eagan
9:00 am ~ Annunziata Gulla
Wednesday, March 24th
8:00 am ~ George and Mary Cordier
9:00 am ~ Marie and George Doty
Thursday, March 25th
8:00 am ~ James Bardwill
9:00 am ~ Rosaleen O'Neill
Friday, March 26th
8:00 am ~ Jack & Aurelia Scully
9:00 am ~ William Gorman
Saturday, March 27th
8:00 am ~ William Itzla
5:00 pm ~ Catherine Likavec
TRAINING FOR NEW ALTAR SERVERS
Fr. David will begin training new altar servers next week. Any boy or girl in grades 4-8 who is interested in becoming an altar server
will need to attend
The dates for these sessions are as follows: 3/25 @ 2:30 pm, 3/27 @ 2:00 pm, 4/15 @ 2:30 pm, 4/17 @ 2:00 pm, 4/28 @ 5:00 pm and
5/5 @ 5:00 pm.
Please indicate which two dates you are interested in, in the comment section.
TO SIGN UP CLICK HERE
2021 EASTER & HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE
Passion (Palm) Sunday, March 28, 2021
Saturday, March 27th ~ Vigil Mass - 5 pm
Sunday Masses, 7:30, 8:45 am, 10 am, 11:15 am, and 12:30 pm
Holy Thursday, April 1, 2021
Please note: There are no 8 am or 9 am Masses
10 am Morning Prayer
7:30 pm Mass of the Lord's Supper
Adoration at the Repository in Our Lady's Chapel from 9 pm- 11 pm
Good Friday, April 2, 2021
There are no 8 am or 9 am Masses
10 am ~ Morning Prayer
3 pm ~ Liturgy of Good Friday
Confessions ~ 4 pm to 5 pm
7:30 pm Stations of the Cross & Veneration of Cross
Holy Saturday, April 3rd, 2021
There is no 8 am Mass
10 am ~ Morning Prayer
7:30 pm Easter Vigil
(This long Mass is not suitable for families with small children)
Easter Sunday, April 4th, 2021
7:30 am, 8:45 am, 10 am, 11:15 am & 12:30 pm
Saturday, March 27th ~ 4 pm to 5 pm
“Reconciliation Monday”, March 29th ~ 3pm - 5 pm & 7 pm - 8 pm
Good Friday, April 2nd ~ 4 pm to 5 pm
2021 YEAR OF ST. JOSEPH
Today, Sunday, March 21st at the 11:15 AM Mass
Bishop James Massa, Ph.D., Rector, Saint Joseph’s Seminary, Dunwoodie will dedicate our new statue of St. Joseph in honor of “2021 The Year of St. Joseph".
This beautiful statue was hand-carved in Ortisei, Italy.
We are grateful to the donors:
Regina and Richard Burke.
Our Lenten Sacrifice
Days of Abstinence:
Ash Wednesdays, All Fridays in Lent, and Good Friday for all that have reached their 14th birthday, no meat can be taken.
Days of Fast:
Ash Wednesday and Good Friday for all who have reached their 18th birthday and have not as yet reached their 60th birthday, a limit of one full meatless meal.
Weekdays of Lent:
No obligation to fast, however voluntary acts of self-denial are recommended.
Easter Duty Obligation:
Must be made from the First Sunday in Lent through Trinity Sunday.
s encouraged on a voluntary basis. Acts may include daily Mass, spiritual study, Lenten devotions, the Rosary, Stations of the Cross and deeds of mercy and kindness.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING
• We will be issuing
for Easter Sunday, April 4, 2021.
• The procedure to get tickets for
will be similar to the successful process we had on Christmas.
• The reason we are having tickets for Easter Sunday mass is for the safety and convenience of our parishioners and guests.
• The normal seating capacity of our church is 825 people and we now have a capacity for 400 people according to NYS protocols.
• Similar to Christmas - we ask you to sign up on Flocknotes to reserve your seats.
• The Flocknote will go out on
Monday afternoon, March 22nd.
• Please look for it and indicate your preference so that we can adequately prepare for Easter Mass.
• If we reach capacity in church, we will add a second overflow mass in the gym.
• Please read the attached letter in today’s bulletin
“Come Home to Mass this Easter. It’s safe.”
• Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
SAVE THE DATE
Fr. James Martin, S.J. editor of America magazine will be the guest speaker at a zoom conference on Sunday, April 25, 2021, at 2:30 pm at Resurrection Church, sponsored by Rye Interfaith Committee. Details to follow. Every five years Resurrection hosts a speaker. Last time Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan was the guest speaker. This conference is sponsored by the Rye Interfaith Council and Resurrection parishioner Marianne Egan is the chair. Our thanks to Bill Miller for arranging the invitation. We will let you know about the procedure for tickets and the process to get on the zoom conference.
Father Martin was appointed as a consultant to Pope Francis's Secretariat of Communications. A best-selling author on the New York Times book list,
Learning to Pray: A Guide for Everyone.
Fr. Martin is also an accomplished writer with a very good sense of humor.
It will be an interesting, entertaining, and fruitful one-hour conference with an excellent, uplifting message. It will have a perfect Easter Message.
Save the date. Hope you can join us!
1. Verizon has finally completed the work to upgrade our internet service for live streaming. It took longer than expected and we are grateful for your patience. Hopefully, this will solve any issue we had with live streaming.
2. Masks that cover both NOSE and MOUTH should be worn at all times in Church. This is the correct way to wear a mask as per NYS Dept. of Health/CDC recommendations. Extra masks and hand sanitizers (complimentary) are available at the Boston Post Road entrance.
3. USHERS are NEEDED. All clergy are healthy. The priest will be wearing a mask during Communion time. Priests sanitize their hands before and after Holy Communion. Communion will be distributed on the hand only.
4. We pray for the sick of our parish, especially Fr. Thomas Lynch.
5. We pray for the deceased of our parish, especially Robert Gerety, Rev. John Grinsell SBD, Monsignor Francis V. Boyle, and Patricia A. Lahey.
5. There is ample room for social distancing seating in our church. The church was sanitized and deep cleaned on Friday. The bathrooms are cleaned between each mass.
7. The rectory is OPEN from 9 AM to 4:30 PM. Please feel free to contact us by email:
8. You may tune in to our live stream masses. Live stream masses will be:
Saturday, March 20th at 5:00 pm or Sunday, March 21st at 10:00 am and 11:15 am.
LIVE-STREAM MASS CLICK HERE
TWO-YEAR-OLD PROGRAM 2021-2022.
Applications are being accepted for the 2021-22 school year. We offer classes from 2 to 5 days a week with three different times offered (8-10 am and 10:15-12:15 pm). If you have any questions please call 914-921-2801 or email us at
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
The Stations of the Cross will be conducted on the
of Lent in Church at
Please join us for 30 minutes as we reenact the Passion and death of Jesus Christ.
If you are unable to join us on Fridays at 7 pm, we can offer an online Stations of The Cross for your convenience. Please click below ANYTIME on Friday to view our 25 minute Stations Of The Cross.
For info from the CDC on
Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
Golden Wedding Jubilee Mass
Couples celebrating their 50
Wedding Anniversary anytime during 2021 are invited to attend the Golden Wedding Jubilee Mass with Cardinal Dolan at Saint Patrick’s Cathedral on Sunday, June 6 at 2:30 PM. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, seating is limited. Each couple may bring up to two (2) additional guests. Couples will be notified if the seating capacity changes and more tickets become available.
Pre-registration is required. Please contact your parish to register.
All are invited to the Bible Book-Club phone meeting on Thursday, April 15, 2021. The book for discussion is “The Eucharist Foretold: The LostProphecy of Malachi” by Mike Aquilina 2019 Emmaus Road Publishing 176 pages.
We meet by phone conference on Thursday evening 04/15/21 at 7:30 PM. The discussion lasts about an hour. The conference phone is (385) 318-8463. More information is available on the parish website: resrye.org/book-club and please contact m
if you have any questions.
PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR LOYAL ADVERTISERS WHO HAVE BEEN SO GENEROUS DURING THIS PAST YEAR OF THE PANDEMIC.
on Saturday, March 20 at 1:00PM