April 4, 2021 Resurrection Church Bulletin
Easter Sunday, April 4, 2021
Resurrection Church Bulletin
Saturday, April 3rd
10:00 am ~ Morning Prayer
Sunday, April 4th
7:30 am ~ Antonio & Chiara Capocci
8:45 am ~ Nadia Bardwill Gerrity
10:00 am ~ Robert Benoit & Gunnar Woelfel
11:15 am ~ Dorothy & Jack Heaton
12:30 pm ~ Joseph O'Connor
11:15 am MS Gym ~ Marie Rosanelli & Debby Malloy Winkler
12:30 pm MS Gym ~ Mary Johannah Ellis & Mario Provenzano
Monday, April 5th
8:00 am ~ Kevin P. Heller
9:00 am ~ RosemaryBerrigan
Tuesday, April 6th
8:00 am ~ George Hogben
9:00 am ~ John Tembeck Jr.
Wednesday, April 7th
8:00 am ~ Parishioners of Resurrection
9:00 am ~ Tony O'Callaghan
Thursday, April 8th
8:00 am ~ Rev. Msgr. Thomas V. McMahon
9:00 am ~ Luiz Luca, Camila Bettina Piccini
Friday, April 9th
8:00 am ~ Eleanor H. Fitzsimmons
9:00 am ~ Judy and Johnny Campopiano
Saturday, April 10th
8:00 am ~ Mrika Xhema
5:00 pm ~ William Ricketts
HAPPY EASTER FROM RESURRECTION!
YOUR PARISH FAMILY WISHES YOU EASTER PEACE AND WELCOMES YOU
At the sight of the Lord, the disciples rejoiced. Peace be with you, He said again (John 20:20)
Lord Jesus today is the feast of your victory over sin and death.
Let us never forget that it is our feast too. It is our victory… our sins that are taken away. Easter is our promise of resurrection and new life. Oftentimes, we have strayed away from you, from the Church, and from one another. Today we feel your peace.
Help us to turn back to you and to stay close to one another within the family of the Church.
If you are spiritually hungry
Christ is your food
If you are in doubt
Christ is the way
If you are alienated and upset
Christ is your peace
If you have sinned
Christ will forgive you
If you have strayed away from the Church
We welcome you home
If you need strength to go on,
stay close to the risen Lord
COME JOIN US EACH SUNDAY AS WE CELEBRATE THE RESURRECTION AND NEW LIFE
APRIL 4, 2021
Gospel: John 20:1-9
When Mary Magdalene discovered Jesus’ tomb was open, she told Simon Peter and another disciple. They ran to the tomb and Peter went inside. He found the burial wrappings on the ground, with the head covering separate from the rest. The other disciple came in and they believed what they saw, although until then they had not understood the Scripture’s message of Jesus’ Resurrection.
The 8th Grade students of Resurrection School will be participating in 2 Midnight Runs this Spring. During this year of St. Joseph, the students are blessed to have this opportunity to practice the teachings of their faith and emulate St Joseph’s example of selfless love and service to others. On this Run, food, clothing, blankets, and personal care items will be distributed to the homeless in NYC. Through the runs, the students hope to alleviate some of the loneliness and isolation felt by the homeless and create a foundation of respect, care, and empathy. Financial donations are critical to help the students prepare for the Run. Now more than ever our services are needed by our homeless friends. Please consider a donation to this cause. Thank you!
DONATE TO RESURRECTION SCHOOL MIDNIGHT RUN
TRAINING FOR NEW ALTAR SERVERS
A new class of altar servers is ready to begin. Any boy or girl in grades 4-8 who is interested in becoming an altar server
will need to attend
The dates for these sessions are as follows: 4/15 @ 2:30 pm, 4/17 @ 2:00 pm, 4/28 @ 5:00 pm and
5/5 @ 5:00 pm.
Please indicate which two dates you are interested in, in the comment section.
TO SIGN UP CLICK HERE
Registration for the 2021-2022 Parish Religious Education Program
• Early Bird-March 12 - April 16
• Regular Registration- April 17- May 14
• Late Registration- May 14 - June 11 (a $50.00 late fee will apply)
Catechists and other volunteers are needed! If you would like to be a catechist or a hallway volunteer please indicate so on your registration. Catechists will receive a full-tuition discount. Co-catechists and other volunteers will receive a 50% discount. Please consider this a meaningful and spiritually fulfilling way to serve our Resurrection Parish.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE TO REGISTER
1. You may tune in to our live stream masses. Live stream masses will be: Easter Vigil Saturday, April 3rd at 7:30 pm or Easter Sunday, April 4th at 10:00 am and 11:15 am.
2. Masks that cover both NOSE and MOUTH should be worn at all times in Church. This is the correct way to wear a mask as per NYS Dept. of Health/CDC recommendations. Extra masks and hand sanitizers (complimentary) are available at the Boston Post Road entrance.
3. There is ample room for social distancing seating in our church. The church was sanitized and deep cleaned on Friday. The bathrooms are cleaned between each mass.
4. We pray for the sick of our parish, especially JOSEPH MURRAY and FR. THOMAS LYNCH.
5. USHERS are NEEDED. All clergy are healthy. The priest will be wearing a mask during Communion time. Priests sanitize their hands before and after Holy Communion. Communion will be distributed on the hand only.
6. We pray for the deceased of our parish, especially FRANCIS J. HEARN, FILOMENA PANICCIA, ROSINA IZZO, ANGELINE MANCINI and JOAN TEMBECK.
7. The rectory is OPEN from 9 AM to 4:30 PM. Please feel free to contact us by email:
8. Verizon has finally completed the work to upgrade our internet service for live streaming. It took longer than expected and we are grateful for your patience. Hopefully, this will solve any issue we had with live streaming.
LIVE-STREAM MASS CLICK HERE
RYE INTERFAITH COUNCIL CONFERENCE
Fr. James Martin, S.J. editor of America magazine will be the guest speaker at a complimentary zoom conference on Sunday, April 25, 2021, at 2:30 pm at Resurrection Church, sponsored by Rye Interfaith Committee.
Click the link below to register.
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION
TWO-YEAR-OLD PROGRAM 2021-2022.
Applications are being accepted for the 2021-22 school year. We offer classes from 2 to 5 days a week with three different times offered (8-10 am and 10:15 - 12:15 pm). If you have any questions please call 914-921-2801 or email us at
All are invited to the Bible Book-Club phone meeting on Thursday, April 15, 2021. The book for discussion is “The Eucharist Foretold: The LostProphecy of Malachi” by Mike Aquilina 2019 Emmaus Road Publishing, 176 pages.
We meet by phone conference on Thursday evening 04/15/21 at 7:30 PM. The discussion lasts about an hour. The conference phone is (385) 318-8463. More information is available on the parish website:
and please contact
if you have any questions.
PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR LOYAL ADVERTISERS WHO HAVE BEEN SO GENEROUS DURING THIS PAST YEAR OF THE PANDEMIC.
on Saturday, April 3 at 1:00PM