May 17, 2020 - Sunday Bulletin Resurrection Church
Sunday, May 17, 2020 Resurrection Church Bulletin
Loyola Press - Three-Minute Retreats
Three-Minute Retreats invite you to take a short prayer break right at your computer. Spend some quiet time reflecting on a Scripture passage. Knowing that not everyone prays at the same pace, you have control over the pace of the retreat. After each screen, a Continue button will appear. Click it when you are ready to move on. If you are new to online prayer, the basic timing of the screens will guide you through the experience. To subscribe,
'START YOUR RETREAT.'
The Spring 2020 edition of
, the quarterly magazine of the Archdiocese of New York, is now available online. To view or download, click
3. Our parish conducts an online giving procedure called “WESHARE” and about 340 families already contribute to the parish this way. Feel free to continue to contribute to the Easter collection and the Catch-Up Collection on “WESHARE”. If interested in making a one-time gift or signing up for weekly “WESHARE” online offerings
or you can call Kelly or Julie from the rectory and they will walk you through it for your convenience.
4. Last month, we mailed you our annual Easter letter with an extra Easter offering envelope and "Catch Up" envelope for your consideration. We are extremely pleased with the very positive reaction and reception to our appeal. Under these pressing circumstances, we are happy to report that we are at 73% of our 2019 Easter Collection. This is impressive! We have suspended weekly collections since March 15th. The cost of managing our parish has not disappeared. Our monthly payroll for 80 employees is staggering.
We appeal for your help in the Catch-Up collection!
Please return these envelopes in the enclosed self-addressed envelope by mail. If you would like to drop off your donation to the rectory, you may do so by using the Back Door and put it in the secure mail slot.
5. Resurrection School is open for registration for the 2020-2021 school year. School resumes on September 7, 2020. Resurrection school is highly acclaimed and one of the best rated elementary schools in New York. We are proud to report that Resurrection school was first in the Archdiocese to use online Zoom education. The tuition rates for next year have only been raised a modest 3%. We are accepting applications for full and half day Montessori Pre-K3/4 and grades Kindergarten through 8th. Please contact the principal, GinaMarie Fonte at 914- 967-1218 or via email
. Virtual tours are available for interested families.
6. We pray for the deceased of our parish especially Freddie Favia, John Lane, Msgr. John Ruvo, Maurice Murphy, Peter Thomas Fox, Alexei Mahmovudov, Raymond Jimolka, Michael Grandazzo, Gloria Murray, Benito Manuel Veras, Elizabeth Ann Savage, Valerie Modello, William McKenna, Lawrence Corroon, Fr. James Healy, William McGuire, Maria Cecilia Ceja Mercado, Warren H. Golden, Natalie DiMarzo, Brian McGrath, Sr. Clare Aronholz, Br. Pius Blandino, Virginia Grainger, Alan Oyugi, Sr. Maguerite McGilly, Paul Green.
7. We pray for the sick of our parish especially Patricia M. Burgess, Jane Barney Tobin, William Reeves, Mitchel Archer and Robert Miller.
8. We pray for all who have been adversely affected by the coronavirus especially the recently sick, emergency medical personnel, police officers, firefighters, nurses, doctors and hospital employees.
9. Please feel free to contact us by email:
10. Our 9 acre campus is open for parishioners and residents for bicycle riding and walks. Please clean up after your dogs on the field and campus! Use social distancing on the basketball courts - two persons per hoop.
11. All weekend masses and weekday masses continue to be CANCELED.
Let us pray that we will be back to mass in a few short weeks.
The obligation to attend mass is lifted.
Confessions are not available.
Our live stream services will continue
Saturday, May 16 at 5:00pm
Sunday, May 17 at 10:00 am and 11
All Services are private and
open to the public
Live Stream Mass Click HERE
Jesus said to his disciples:
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
And I will ask the Father,
and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always,
the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot accept,
because it neither sees nor knows him.
But you know him, because he remains with you, and will be in you.
I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
In a little while the world will no longer see me,
but you will see me, because I live and you will live.
On that day you will realize that I am in my Father and you are in me and I in you.
Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me.
And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them.”
Please use the following link if you would like to live stream daily masses from St. Patrick's Cathedral.
The printing of our Church Bulletin is sponsored by the advertisers on the back pages. Until public masses resume, we ask that you click the attachment below to view these pages.
Resurrection Bulletin Advertisers.pdf
on Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 2:00PM