June 21, 2020 - Sunday Bulletin Resurrection Church
Sunday, June 21, 2020 Resurrection Church Bulletin
“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven."
Gospel: Matthew 10
1. Last weekend we celebrated masses for the first time in 12 weeks. We were delighted that 600 people attended our masses. These are encouraging numbers. We added masses for convenience, safety and social distancing. This weekend we will have the USUAL mass schedule. We have also added 3 masses:
Saturday - 4:00 PM
Saturday - 6:00 PM
Sunday - 6:00 PM
2. You are free to attend any mass you wish. There is plenty of room in our church. There is no pre-registration.
3. If you feel sick or are a senior citizen or just plain anxious about returning to Sunday mass yet, you are excused. Return to mass when you are comfortable.
4. You may tune in to our live stream masses instead. Live stream masses will be:
Saturday, June 20th at 5:00pm or Sunday June 21st at 10:00am and 11:15am.
Live Stream Mass Click HERE
5. Please follow safe distance protocols. Wearing a mask in church is REQUIRED, alternate rows of pews are closed. Please observe the signs about seating. The Lady Chapel is Open. There is no sign of peace, no missalettes, no bulletins, no holy water fonts. There are no Eucharistic ministers, lectors, altar servers needed yet. USHERS are NEEDED. All of our clergy are healthy. The priest will be wearing a mask during Communion time. Priests sanitize their hands before and after Holy Communion. Communion will be distributed on the hand only.
6. Confessions are available Saturday, June 20th from 4 PM to 6 PM (note extended time) Six foot social distancing barrier will be in the confessional.
7. The Rectory office is OPEN from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM. (note new temporary hours) Please feel free to contact us by email:
8. Extra masks and hand sanitizers (complimentary) are available at the Boston Post Road entrance.
God bless you and thank you most sincerely for your patience and kindness during the quarantine. The long drought of no mass and no communion is over!
We were very excited to celebrate the class of 2020 at Graduation on Thursday, June 18, 2020 in Resurrection Church.
This is a talented and brilliant class of young people who earned over $300,000.00 in scholarships to excellent high schools. Their years at Resurrection were filled with many spiritual, academic and athletic milestones. Regretfully, they were not physically present in our school over the last three months but they were never out of our thoughts or prayers.
To My Resurrection Family,
I wanted to share some news with you ----- I have been appointed to a new ministry by the Mother General of the Sisters of the Resurrection. She has asked me to be the Provincial Superior of our Religious Sisters in the eastern part of the United States.
Because of the coronavirus related restrictions, I will not be able to see you before I leave. This truly saddens me! You are a vibrant and welcoming parish! I have treasured being a part of your family these past eight years as your Pastoral Associate. I will never forget your prayerfulness, love, kindness, support, laughter and witness. It has been a joy to serve Jesus with you! My last day at Resurrection Parish will be June 30th.
My new address, effective July 20th, will be:
Sr. Danielle Marie Baran, CR
Mount Saint Joseph Provincialate
35 Boltwood Avenue
Castleton-on-Hudson, New York 12033-1097
If you are ever in this area, which is near Albany, please stop by. It would be a joy to see you again! Know you will always be a part of my heart and in my daily prayers! May Jesus gift each one of you with the graces that you need!
With gratitude and thanksgiving,
Heavenly Father, we thank you for the gift of our family for whom we now pray and upon whom we now ask you to shower your blessings. Please pray for the fathers of our parish.
Next weekend, June 27-28 we will have our final collection for the 2020 Cardinal's Appeal. The Cardinal's Appeal supports the pastoral educational and spiritual ministries of the archdiocese of New York. There is a special envelope in your packet for a last chance donation to this year’s Cardinal's Appeal. We would like to wrap up the campaign in our parish in early July. Due to the pandemic, the results have been lagging. The results at Resurrection, however, have been impressive. Help us to meet and surpass our goal and be generous in the next week's special second collection. You may drop it in the collection basket or the secure back door slot of the rectory or in any of the votive shrines of the church. God bless you!
The printing of our Church Bulletin is sponsored by the advertisers on the back pages. Until public masses resume, we ask that you click the attachment below to view these pages.
Bulletin Ads June.pdf
on Saturday, June 20, 2020 at 2:00PM