June 28, 2020 - Sunday Bulletin Resurrection Church
Sunday, June 28, 2020 Resurrection Church Bulletin
"Whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me."
1. We are returning to our
weekend mass schedule today. The Saturday 4 PM and 6 PM and the Sunday 6 PM masses are discontinued. There is ample room for social distancing seating in our church. The church was sanitized and deep cleaned on Friday. The bathrooms are cleaned between each mass.
2. If you feel sick or are a senior citizen or just plain anxious about returning to Sunday mass yet, you are excused. Return to mass when you are comfortable.
3. You may tune in to our live stream masses instead. Live stream masses will be:
Saturday, June 27th at 5:00pm or Sunday June 28th at 10:00am and 11:15am.
Live Stream Mass Click HERE
4. Please follow safe distance protocols. Wearing a mask in church is REQUIRED, alternate rows of pews are closed. Please observe the signs about seating. The Lady Chapel is Open. There is no sign of peace, no missalettes, no bulletins, no holy water fonts. There are no Eucharistic ministers, lectors, altar servers needed yet. USHERS are NEEDED. All of our clergy are healthy. The priest will be wearing a mask during Communion time. Priests sanitize their hands before and after Holy Communion. Communion will be distributed on the hand only.
5. Confessions are available Saturday, June 27th from 4 PM to 6 PM (note extended time). Six foot social distancing barrier will be in the confessional.
6. The monthly Baptism class for parents has been canceled for the summer. It will resume on September 28, 2020 @ 7:30 PM in the Lower Church Hall.
7. The Rectory office is OPEN from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM. (note new temporary hours) Please feel free to contact us by email, firstname.lastname@example.org and
8. Extra masks and hand sanitizers (complimentary) are available at the Boston Post Road entrance.
9. We pray for the deceased of our parish, especially Katharine Whamond, Peter Freilich, and Thomas Joseph Caffrey.
10. We pray for the sick of our parish, especially for Christine Manna.
God bless you and thank you most sincerely for your patience and kindness during the quarantine. The long drought of no mass and no communion is over!
The 2021 Mass Book will open on Thursday, July 2nd. This year we are offering the option of reserving Mass Intentions online. A flocknote will be sent out on Wednesday, July 1st with more information.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION for 2020-2021 RESURRECTION GRAMMAR SCHOOL
Resurrection School is accepting applications for qualified students for the 2020-21 school year. (Montessori Pre K 3-4 and K-8). New families are welcome to contact us to learn more about what we can offer your child. We will have in-person, usual instruction commencing September 7, 2020. Please call the school at 914.967.1218 or visit our website at
. Congratulations to the 8th Grade Class of 2020 who earned over $300,000 in scholarships to excellent high schools.
To My Resurrection Family,
I wanted to share some news with you ----- I have been appointed to a new ministry by the Mother General of the Sisters of the Resurrection. She has asked me to be the Provincial Superior of our Religious Sisters in the eastern part of the United States. Because of the coronavirus related restrictions, I will not be able to see you before I leave. This truly saddens me! You are a vibrant and welcoming parish! I have treasured being a part of your family these past eight years as your Pastoral Associate. I will never forget your prayerfulness, love, kindness, support, laughter and witness. It has been a joy to serve Jesus with you! My last day at Resurrection Parish will be June 30th.
My new address, effective July 20th, will be:
Sr. Danielle Marie Baran, CR
Mount Saint Joseph Provincialate
35 Boltwood Avenue
Castleton-on-Hudson, New York, 12033
f you are ever in this area, which is near Albany, please stop by. It would be a joy to see you again! Know you will always be a part of my heart and in my daily prayers! May Jesus gift each one of you with the graces that you need!
With gratitude and thanksgiving,
Parish Farewell Celebration for
Our parish will honor Sr. Danielle at mass on
Sunday, November 15, 2020
for her time of dedicated service to us. We extend our congratulations and best wishes to Sr. Danielle on being elected the Superior General for her Order. She will be sorely missed at Resurrection. Please mark your calendars for Sunday, November 15th. Mass will be at 12:30 pm and a luncheon reception for all is planned in the Lower Church Hall afterward. Please join us to salute Sr. Danielle for her 8 years of service to our parish.
Father, Creator of all, thank You for summer! Thank you for the warmth of the sun and the increased daylight. Thank You for the beauty I see all around me and for the opportunity to be outside and enjoy Your creation. Thank You for the increased time I have to be with my friends and family, and for the more casual pace of the summer season. Amen.
This weekend, we will have our final collection for the 2020 Cardinal's Appeal. The Cardinal's Appeal supports the pastoral educational and spiritual ministries of the archdiocese of New York. There is a special envelope in your packet for a last chance donation to this year’s Cardinal's Appeal. We would like to wrap up the campaign in our parish in early July. Due to the pandemic, the results have been lagging. The results at Resurrection, however, have been impressive. Help us to meet and surpass our goal and be generous in the next week's special second collection. You may drop it in the collection basket or the secure back door slot of the rectory or in any of the votive shrines of the church.
To make an online donation to the Cardinal's Appeal, please click
God bless you!
The printing of our Church Bulletin is sponsored by the advertisers on the back pages. We ask that you click the attachment below to view these pages.
Bulletin Ads June.pdf
on Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 12:00PM