July 5, 2020 - Sunday Bulletin Resurrection Church
Sunday, July 5, 2020 Resurrection Church Bulletin
"Jesus speaks lovingly and gently when He invites all those who are weary and burdened with life to seek relief and respite in Him. He says, “Your souls will find rest, for my yoke is easy and my burden light.”
1. We have returned to our
weekend mass schedule. There is ample room for social distancing seating in our church. The church was sanitized and deep cleaned on Friday. The bathrooms are cleaned between each mass.
2. You may also tune in to our live stream masses. Live stream masses will be:
Saturday, July 4th at 5:00pm or Sunday July 5th at 10:00am and 11:15am.
Live Stream Mass Click HERE
3. Please follow safe distance protocols. Wearing a mask in church is REQUIRED, alternate rows of pews are closed. Please observe the signs about seating. USHERS are NEEDED. All of our clergy are healthy. The priest will be wearing a mask during Communion time. Priests sanitize their hands before and after Holy Communion. Communion will be distributed on the hand only.
4. Confessions are available Saturday, July 4 th from 4 PM to 5 PM. Six foot social distancing barrier will be in the confessional.
5. The Rectory office is OPEN from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM. (note new temporary hours) Please feel free to contact us by email, firstname.lastname@example.org and
6. Extra masks and hand sanitizers (complimentary) are available at the Boston Post Road entrance.
7. We pray for the deceased of our parish, especially Katharine Whamond, Peter Freilich, and Thomas Joseph Caffrey.
8. We pray for the sick of our parish, especially for Christine Manna.
God bless you and thank you most sincerely for your patience and kindness during the quarantine.
The 2021 Mass Book opened on Thursday, July 2nd. This year we are offering the option of reserving Mass Intentions online. Click
to reserve an announced mass intention online.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION for 2020-2021 RESURRECTION GRAMMAR SCHOOL
Resurrection School is accepting applications for qualified students for the 2020-21 school year. (Montessori Pre K 3-4 and K-8). New families are welcome to contact us to learn more about what we can offer your child. We will have in-person, usual instruction commencing September 9, 2020. Please call the school at 914.967.1218 or visit our website at
. Congratulations to the 8th Grade Class of 2020 who earned over $300,000 in scholarships to excellent high schools.
Parish Farewell Celebration for
Our parish will honor Sr. Danielle at mass on
Sunday, November 15, 2020
for her time of dedicated service to us.
We extend our congratulations and best wishes to Sr. Danielle on being elected the Superior General for her Order. She will be sorely missed at Resurrection. Please mark your calendars for Sunday, November 15th. Mass will be at 12:30 pm and a luncheon reception for all is planned in the Lower Church Hall afterward. Please join us to salute Sr. Danielle for her 8 years of service to our parish.
INDEPENDENCE DAY PRAYER
Lord, we stand today as our forefathers have stood before You in times gone by, celebrating our history and reveling in all the great things that our country has achieved. On this day we rejoice in the favor You have graciously given us. We thank You for the blessings of liberty, for this generation and for the generations to come. We thank You for our independence, peace, and for all those who have bravely given their lives in the defense of freedom and justice. Make us a generous people, a holy nation.
Last weekend, we had our final collection for the 2020 Cardinal's Appeal. The Cardinal's Appeal supports the pastoral educational and spiritual ministries of the archdiocese of New York. There is a special envelope in your packet for a last chance donation to this year’s Cardinal's Appeal. We would like to wrap up the campaign in our parish in early July. Due to the pandemic, the results have been lagging. The results at Resurrection, however, have been impressive. Help us to meet and surpass our goal and be generous in the next week's special second collection. You may drop it in the collection basket or the secure back door slot of the rectory or in any of the votive shrines of the church.
To make an online donation to the
, please click
to see Cardinal Dolan's New York Post article dated July 1, 2020.
"For God's Sake, Stop Demonizing the NYPD: Cardinal Dolan"
to see Cardinal Dolan's Wall Street Journal article dated July 2, 2020.
"Avoiding Historical Dementia"
for information regarding Augustine Institute's Graduate School of Theology: Short Courses
The printing of our Church Bulletin is sponsored by the advertisers on the back pages. We ask that you click the attachment below to view these pages.
Bulletin Ads June.pdf
on Saturday, July 4, 2020 at 10:00AM